Last year, our dear friends Collin and Amata, flew home from Portland and hosted a group of friends at their parents house. The theme was make your own spring rolls, and let me tell you, it was probably the best dinner party we’ve been to. I’ve always made spring rolls, but never in party fashion. I absolutely recommend it.
Time: 30 min (minus pressing tofu for 30)
1 block firm tofu pressed
2 Tbs hoisin sauce
2 Tbs soy sauce
2 Tbs sweet Thai chili sauce
Juice of 1/2 lime
1 tsp fish sauce
1 Tbs sriracha
1 red pepper, thinly sliced
1/4 red onion thinly sliced
1 cucumber thinly sliced length wise
1 jalapeño thinly sliced
1 bunch of cilantro
1 serving size of rice noodles (I use vermicelli)
Packet of rice paper wrappers
1. Slice tofu into thin svtrips then Mix together, hoisin, soy sauce, sweet Thai chili sauce, lime juice, fish sauce and sriracha. In a shallow bowl add tofu and pour marinade. Let set for about 15 min (no longer than 45 min)
2. Prepare rice noodles based on packaging directions
3. Meanwhile, begin slicing all your veggies, you want julienned strips (see pic)
4. Once tofu is ready, either fry in 2 Tbs of canola oil for about 10-15 min (til almost charred) or add to air fryer on 390 degrees for 15 min
5. Now time to assemble, dip the rice paper wrapper in warm water, then start adding everything you’d like into the middle, leaving about an inch or so on all sides, then roll it up like a burrito. Voila!
Give it a go! So delish and healthy too.